When We Are Closed
Between 18:30 and 08:00 Monday to Friday and from 18:30 Friday until 08:30 Monday , the surgery is closed. If you need a doctor urgently during these times please ring 111. Your call will then be answered at the emergency call centre.
Specially trained nurses, who can give you immediate information and friendly helpful advice, staff this telephone helpline. It is a 24 hour service and completely confidential. They also have information on local dentists and pharmacists.
Out-of-hours is now the responsibility of NHS Hull. Please only use this service for genuine medical emergencies.
Minor Injuries Unit
The Minor Injuries Unit is where patients with minor injuries, sustained within the previous 48 hours, can have themselves examined and investigated by nurses who will determine the appropriate range of minor conditions include:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Sprains and bruises
- Minor burns and scalds
- Insect bites/animal bites
- Assessment of foreign bodies in ears, nose and eyes
The types of care undertaken by minor injuries include a range of treatments including:
- Cleaning of wounds Dressings
- Removal of splinters
- Wounds closures (including insertion and removal of sutures, application of steri-stips, etc)
- Administration of tetanus injection
- Application of slings
There are two minor injuries units which are located within:
- Bransholme Health Centre (Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00 and Saturday 09:00 – 14:00)
- Freedom Centre, Preston Road (Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00)
It is not necessary to make an appointment and patients can simply self-refer.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.